This was my 50th state in September 2018! Andre reached his 50th shortly after in July 2019 when we did our Alaskan cruise :). We’ve been together since 2014, so all-in-all, we hit our first travel together goal in 5 years; now that our 50 state goal has been accomplished, we are focused on countries and continents.
Andre and I have visited at least one location out-of-state every month during 2016-2019, which is how we were able to accomplish this goal. During that time, we learned so much about each other and met some wonderful people along the way. Traveling takes us out of our comfort zone and forces us to see the world through other’s eyes. It is quite majestic to go somewhere like Fargo where you know no one and have zero recommendations for things to do, but find that the people and city have so much to offer.
This small town has the cutest ice cream parlor in the middle of downtown, with an old-school theater, and lush parks to stroll through. It is definitely worth a trip and is right across the border from Minnesota. We made a road trip out to Fargo while visiting Minneapolis, which is only a 3 and half hour drive if you are into that kind of thing. Obviously, road-tripping is one of our favorite ways to travel from place-to-place so we can see all the cool stops along the way. And if this is your 50th state, make sure you stop by the Fargo-Moorhead Visitors Center for a free t-shirt and add your name to their list!
FAVORITE FOOD FINDS
- CASUAL: Pounds, Vinyl Taco, Granite City Food & Brewery
- DRESSY: Mezzaluna, HoDo Restaurant, The Boiler Room
- DESSERT: The Silver Lining Creamery, Nichole’s Fine Pastry and Café, Sweet Dreams Confections
WHERE WE WALK
ARTS AND ATTRACTIONS
- HISTORY/ARTS: Fargo Air Museum, Bonanzaville USA, Plains Art Museum, Veterans Memorial Bridge, The Fargo Moorhead Symphony Orchestra
- SPORTS: Newman Outdoor Field, Fargodome, North Dakota State University Athletics
- ATTRACTIONS: Fargo-Moorhead Visitors Center, Red River Zoo, Thunder Road Amusement Park, Red River Market