After I moved up to Pittsburgh in August 2015, we continued our travels together to Detroit, Michigan that September. Besides the crack in our windshield, it was a great trip! The crack did begin our love of car rentals on road trips though, so even that may have been a blessing in disguise.
We made our way to Motor City to see one of our favorite artists, Ben Rector. He played with Cody Fry, which was a treat to get introduced to him that night as well. Saint Andrews was a wonderful venue, and we definitely need to make our way back there for another show.
Once we were done touring the city, we took a short drive to Dearborn to see the Ford museum!
FAVORITE FOOD FINDS
• CASUAL: Lumen Detroit, Downtown Louie’s, Punch Bowl Social District
• DRESSY: Roast, Parc, Caucus Club, SavannahBlue, 24Grille
• DESSERT: For the Love of Sugar, Cold Truth, Street Sweets
WHERE WE WALK
• MULTI: Detroit RiverFront
• FULL: Belle Isle Park
• HALF: Campus Martius Park
ARTS AND ATTRACTIONS
• HISTORY/ARTS: Fox Theatre, Detroit Institute of Arts, Motown Museum, Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History, The Guardian Building, The Ford Piquette Avenue Plant, Fisher Building, Detroit Opera House, Detroit Symphony Orchestra
• SPORTS: Ford Field, Joe Louis Arena, Comerica Park
• ATTRACTIONS: Eastern Market, Belle Isle Aquarium