This city is small, but packed with adventure. We arrived in 2015 for a wedding, but stuck around a little longer to explore the town. It did not disappoint.
From the romantic river cruise on Southern Belle to the breathtaking views at Lookout Mountain, we had a fun-filled and packed itinerary. We made our way into Ruby Falls, a waterfall within a cavern, the Tennessee Aquarium, and explored the Hunter Museum while gazing at the Walnut Street Bridge. Our bellies were filled with the southern goodness from Tupelo Honey to start our day off right.
Even though we haven’t made our way back to town yet after this first encounter, it is definitely high on our list for a repeat visit. Typically we spend our Labor Day holiday in the nearby city of Ringgold, Georgia for a family gathering, so hopefully 2020 will provide us that opportunity. We’re looking forward to the next adventure in Chattanooga!
FAVORITE FOOD FINDS
- CASUAL: Tupelo Honey, Public House, The FEED Co
- DRESSY: STIR, 1885 Grill, Big River Grille & Brewing Works
- DESSERT: Cupcake Kitchen, The Ice Cream Show, Pie R Square
WHERE WE WALK
ARTS AND ATTRACTIONS
- HISTORY/ARTS: Hunter Museum of American Art, Songbirds Guitar Museum, Creative Discovery Museum
- SPORTS: AT&T Field, McKenzie Arena, Finley Stadium
- ATTRACTIONS: The Lookout Mountain Incline Railway, Ruby Falls, Rock City Gardens, Coolidge Park Antique Carousel, Tennessee Aquarium