Spokane took us by surprise, not only because of the incredible hotel, but also from the breathtaking downtown scene. Marriott upgraded us at the Historic Davenport Hotel, which was an extra treat being in a high corner-room suite. They also had a sweet happy hour rooftop bar with views for days.
Downtown was a short stroll from our hotel and we hopped on the gondolas to get a different view of the Monroe Street Bridge and Riverfront Park. Everything was super lush, which made the views even more spectacular. We highly recommend taking the gondola for a spin and walking across the bridge on the other side.
Steam Plant Kitchen & Brewery would be our top food choice, but we listed our other recommendations below. The lemon bars from Rocket Bakery are to die for. Check out our other stops from this road trip HERE.
FAVORITE FOOD FINDS
- CASUAL: Casper Fry, Tortilla Union Southwest Grill, Sushi Sakai
- DRESSY: Steam Plant Kitchen & Brewery, The Davenport Signature Buffet, Beverly’s
- DESSERT: The Rocket Bakery, Sweet Frostings Blissful Bakeshop, Spokane Cheesecakes
WHERE WE WALK
ARTS AND ATTRACTIONS
- HISTORY/ARTS: Martin Woldson Theater at the Fox, Campbell House, Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture, Mobius Children’s Museum
- SPORTS: Gonzaga University Athletics, Avista Stadium
- ATTRACTIONS: Monroe Street Bridge, St. John’s Cathedral, Nishinomiya Tsutakawa Japanese Garden, Gaiser Conservatory, Barrister Winery